Monday, July 25, 2005

Attempting to make Aloo Maatar

I'm trying to make Aloo Maatar without a recipe. It's a gamble I know, but I bought chick peas and green peas and what else do you need? Right now i'm boiling the chick peas and green peas. Then I figure i'll drain them and then sautee them with garlic, salt, and pepper.

Ok - here's the update, it's looking like what i'd get at an Indian joint. Here's the recipe so far -

Half a red onion - diced
Half a head of garlic - crushed
1 can Ro-Tel extra spicy diced tomatos and peppers
1 can chick peas
1 can green peas
1 jar curry sauce
Salt
Pepper
Oregano

- Boil the chick peas and green peas together until water boils, then let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the chick peas and green peas and then add in a jar of curry sauce
- Add in the onion, garlic, pepper, salt and oregano and stir together
- Set to low and let simmer

Let me go eat it and then i'll tell you how it is.

Ok - i'm back. It was fantastic! I'm a curry master.

No comments: