Friday, September 02, 2005

I lack the ability to estimate

I lack the ability to properly estimate the time it takes to accomplish a task.  Sure, many people say “…give me five minutes…” or “…it will be done by the end of day…”.  That’s not my problem – my problem is that I just can’t give any where near a ballpark estimate.

Yesterday my manager asked me how long it would take to complete task A.  I freaked out at the spec and said five days.  I started this morning and I finished about fifteen minutes ago.  It’s kind of insane.  Now my manager is asking why I said it wouldn’t be done until next week if I got it done in a day.  I told him I was bad at estimating.  I really don’t have a better reason than that.  

I've also joined my friend's fantasy football league over at FoxSports.com - here's my team logo:

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I totally dig the FFb logo!!