Monday, October 17, 2005

What you got is it.

First - new link to Tesh's blog.

One thing about blogging that has gotten my attention is the anonymity of it all. Sure, it's actually kind of liberating being anonymous - you can say many things you'd never normally say. The problem I have is that my blog's name is my name. Hell, I have my photo over there to the right. I'm not really in anonymity anyways because I'm at attention whore. Yes - it's true. I really wanted to be a rock star. I can't sing or play an instrument, so that plan was shit canned. Then in a druken moment of philosophying (sp) I realized that it is possible to be a "rock star" at anything you do. So I decided to be the rock start installer. It worked for a while.

I travelled first class (most of the time), had limos (sometimes), groupies (never) and all the while did a bad ass job of whatever it was I was doing. Now I'm being a rock star developer - but the problem is there is no first class anything. I have an addiction to first class flying. For the first six months of the year I must have flown first class almost 80% of the time thanks to my Gold Medallion status with Delta Airlines. Those big comfy seats, free drinks, and this one time I was in first class of a Boeing 767-400 ER with the fancy in-seat video where I was able to watch "Dodge Ball" while I wet my whistle with some mighty fine vodka tonics. All this at 7am in the morning. Ah, first class.

I don't miss totally though - because for every first class flight was a 4am wake up time and other week away from home. Thank goodness my girlfriend is the most understanding woman on Earth (and appreciative of the free tickets my travel earned).

Travel is fun - but it'll be the shit out of you. I think that's the moral of this story. If there is a moral. This needs a story.

No comments: