Tuesday, November 29, 2005

It doesn't hurt to truncate

I hadn't been to West Palm Beach for over a year. My main goal was to get Cuban food because there is no Cuban food in Waterloo, save for what I make here. How good is an Irishman's Cuban cooking? It's not that bad actually. I got independent verification of that because I took my dad and Laurie to Don Ramon's - which is by far the best Cuban restaurant in West Palm. So we had the Cuban food. It was good. I was also able to go to La Salsa and get tacos. On Monday, after the funeral, we went to Cheesecake Factory and overindulged in cheesecake. A fitting wake if I do say so myself. Thursday was turkey and damn good turkey. My parents have become experts - roasted potatos, shredded spicy carrots, sausages, and bread sauce - which is a real Irish side dish no one has ever heard of.

I'm freaking tired for now - and i've had a couple beers and some tacos, so i'm going to drift off to sleep with the fine detectives of Law and Order SVU.

I'll leave with a quote from a fine film, "Road House" -

"All you have to do is follow three simple rules. One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it's absolutely necessary. And three, be nice."

1 comment:

Nicole said...

mmmm... La Salsa... although, it's no Maui Tacos.