Monday, November 07, 2005

Shao and Lin

I'm tone deaf. This isn't a sudden revelation. I've know it for a long time, as have all the fucking people who tell me "You're tone deaf" when I sing along. Tone deafness isn't something I can help - it's just something I was born with - that and my rugged, handsome good looks and amazingly large ego.

My tone deafness is actually the one thing about myself that I would change if I could. I know most guys would go for the six pack abs, the nice calves (why?), no bald spot, etc... To hell with that - I want to sing. Oh wow, that sounded so bad. So bad. I don't want to sing in a chorus or anything like that, I just want to sound better when someone turns down the stereo before I can notice.

The tone deaf nation can be divided into two groups - the shower singers and the car singers. I am defintely a car singer - which is probably why no one wants to drive with me. The dead give away of my car singing habit is that I leave the car stereo blasting at it's highest level when I get out. It has to be at the highest volume so I can't hear myself. This of course leads to the unfortunate deafening of unsuspecting passengers. My girlfriend should know better know - but the blasting still gets her every so often. I'm trying to be better and remembering that not everyone in the parking lot needs to hear Wu Tang Clan's "C.R.E.A.M." at full blast at 8am. On a side Wu Tang note - I keep my expense reports in a directory named "Cash Rules Everything Around Me - Dollar Dollar Bills Y'all". Yes, i'm that guy.

----------

On a complete side note - my brother (who posts over at Khansella) is going to be spending Christmas in Mongolia. I think that is also a title of a song. Anyways, it'd be awesome if everyone could send him a Christmas card. The postage is not overly priced at all and it would totally rock if all you random people sent him something. His address is below



---------

2 comments:

Djgoldnboy said...

Wu Tang Clan ain't nothing to fuck wit...

How can people NOT want to hear C.R.E.A.M?

Turn dat sheat up.

Nicole said...

There's no place to hide once I step inside the room Dr. Doom, prepare for the boom bam....

Mad props, fellas.

Oh and for sure I'll send your bro a card. You're right, there is something to be said for randomness. Maybe the cards will dress his place up a bit.