Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Either you tell us

Let me serious for a moment. Seriously. Down in the middle of North America, there's a big (according to CNN and DrudgeReport.com) hoopla about President Bush using warrent-less wiretaps to prevent terrorist attacks. I'm not a fan of the man myself, but he really is in between a rock and a hard place. If he didn't use the wiretaps and there was an attack - everyone would be all over him for letting Americans die. When he does use them, he's violating the constitution. In all fairness, the oath he took never mentioned protecting actual people - it was taken to defend and protect the constitution of the United States of America. The other problem is, this is nothing new - the federal government (and states if they're big enough) have always "bent" the rules in order to do something good. I've read many cliches attached to this story "the road to hell is paved with good intentions", "you're damned if you do, damned if you don't". At the end of the day, there's not much any of us can do - because if he is impeached, then Chenney is in - and well, if that's not scary I don't know what is. I'm sure he's a perfectly nice enough guy, but let's just say i'd stay away from the buffet if he was up there picking at the crab legs if you know what I mean.

I'm not sure I know what I mean. I was trying to coin a new phrase -

"I'd stay away from [insert name here] if he was at the buffet picking at the crab legs". Everyone, your mission is to use this in conversation today.

Here's another thing - I'm not going to see to West Palm for Christmas this year. I went down for Thanksgiving and two times in a month is just out of my budget. I didn't really feel bad about it until every single fucking person I know asked me if I was going down, and when I said I wasn't, asked if my parents will miss me. Now I feel horrible - I sent them both cards and presents and it's probably not enough and my spirits are dampened. This is the first Christmas I won't be with them - and Khansella will be in Mongolia - so i'm sure the ol' Kinsella estate will be a little empty. It was bound to happen eventually - and it's not like we won't go down next year - but I really need everyone to lay off the unintentional guilt trips. It's Christmas for crying out loud.

Ok - that's enough off my chest for now.

Here's some good news, the friendly folks at the LCBO wrote back to inform me that they hadn't stopped selling Singha, they just carry six packs instead of single bottles. I picked up three six packs, but i'll stop by tomorrow to clean them out before the holidays. I highly recommend that everyone try this beer.

Side note - we rented "The House of Wax" staring the guy from "One Tree Hill", the girl who gets chased on "24", and Paris Hilton. It's actually a really good movie and Paris Hilton is not a complete black hole in the film - it's good to see that you can be handed everything in life and still succeed.

Keep on trucking.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

If you are going to bitch about a country you weren't born in and currently do not live in, you need to get a few things straight - First of all, it's warrant, not warrent and warrantless, not warrent-less... and you cannot use the excuse that it's the English spelling of the word (I checked). Secondly, it's Cheney, not Chenney... but Chinny is acceptable as a joking pun. Thirdly, Constitution should always be capitalized when it refers to the U.S. Constitution. Ok now that we've cleared that up, I give you my blessing to go pick at the crab legs.