Sunday, December 04, 2005

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much

Last nigh me and Bardia hung out while the women folk went birthday drinking. He has these molds that make ice shot glasses - so everyone did a couple shots before heading out. We started out at Cyranos on King Street. Their menu is pretty standard steak house fare - nothing too interesting. We had a couple drinks and an order of crab cakes. Next we went to Hernando's Hideaway for margaritas and the El Sampler Grande - nothing like taquitos, flautas, and quesadillas to soak up the mix of tequila and vodka.

Speaking of vodka - next we went to Pravda Vodka Bar. They have over 50 different vodkas - i'm not sure even I could work my way through them all. I tried a Moskavkaya and this Wokka one which is a mix of vodka and saki. After that we grabbed a slice of pizza to soak up more alcohol and then headed to P.J. O'Brien's for a couple pints. The final destination for the night was the Bier Markt at the Esplanade. The Bier Markt has over 100 different beers from around the world, with almost 40 on tap. Of course they were out of Singha - which just proves that there's a conspiracy against me. I just wrote the LCBO to see if they've stopped selling it.

Anyways - the band playing at the Bier Markt was BB Divine. I can't really find anything on them on the internet - but if I could I would try to get them to play a gig somewhere here in Waterloo. They're a cover band of pop and Top 40 tunes - but they sound like a cross between No Doubt and Black Eyed Peas.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

When you bar hop, you don't mess around!