Sunday, December 25, 2005

Oh, the poet.

I'm trying to concentrate on writing, but we're watching "Six Feet Under" and there's just too much going on. It's a repeat, but it's new for me. Due to my business travelling days, I've watched most shows in a very swiss cheese manner. I've given up trying to watch "24" for the last four years, it's impossible if you miss on episode. I've watched every season of "Six Feet Under", but they're all mangled together into one super season - the Pangea of seasons. Laurie is addicted to the show and is watching it for the first time. The problem is I know what's going to happen, just not when. Then an episode will air that i've never seen. Those episodes explain the huge gaps I have in my memory, kind of like how in "Memento", the guy kept on leaving himself clues.

Thanks to magic of DVD and long layovers - i've been able to watch "24" and not miss an episode. My brother also likes the show, and I thought it would be a good idea if we played pretend "24". He does not think this is a good idea, being that i'm nearly 30 and he's 26. One time he called me and said he was having problem getting onto the network at school. I asked him he need me to have Michelle open up a port on the firewall.

"What?" he asked.

I said, "Jack, just tell me what you need me to do."

"Are you playing '24'?"

"Yes, and you have to call me Tony."

"Aren't you 30?"

Sure, sure - i'm 30. Does that mean I can't play pretend "24"? I'm an educated professional and I enjoy pretending i'm a government agent charged with protecting America from both internal and external threats - and within twenty four hours.

Enough about this. My first Christmas in Canada is almost at an end. I've made out like a bandit this year, "24" season 4 box set, a couple sweaters, a bunch of chocolate, a bad ass tool set. I've eaten a lot of food - fondu and turkey and cookies. Cookies. Cookies everywhere!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah and see you later this week! NYEE coming up Friday. Word is bond son.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What is it about growing older and getting sweaters? I guess I go out and buy the fun things I want, so sweaters are left unpurchased... and mostly, unwanted. I even fell into the trap this year and gave my Dad one (upon my Mother's request, however).