Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Setting up shop

It's freaking freezing in here Mr. Bigglesworth. Take a look at that screen shot....it's -19 degrees. In U.S. temperature, that's below 32 - that's all I know. I've complete forgotten how to tell temperature in F. I have also forgotten how to spell F. I can spell Celsius. To be honest, it has taken me the better part of two years to switch to Celsius and the metric system. During all my years of schooling in Florida, I know we looked at metrics - but I can't remember a test or homework involving it. Everything was in imperial - except for liquor and soda. Want to hear the weirdest thing (even though I've mentioned it before) - liquor is in ounces here. 26'er, 40, and 60. That's a 750ml, a 1.14ml, and 1.75ml respectively. A fifth is called a Mickey. That gets me angry - it was one of two things I knew in metrics and now I have to use ounces. I'll get over it.

No comments: