Wednesday, March 08, 2006

30

Tomorrow is not different than any other day. It's my birthday and on top of that, it's my 30th birthday. I feel like I have to make a big deal out of it - but it's just another birthday. This is the same feeling as New Year's Eve - there's a build up but no climax. Well, maybe there's a climax - but only if you're lucky. Heyoooo. Ah, anyway - the best part about any birthday is that your friends show up to your house or a pub and there's something drinking involved - and cake. I love cake. Cheesecake, carrot cake, yellow cake (the Betty Crocker kind, not the enriched uranium kind). Oh I can't wait for cake tomorrow.

People keep asking me what i'd like for my birthday - and that's a good thing. The problem is that I honestly can't think of anything I really need right now. I wanted to get the DVD collection of "Little Britain" - but it's on Showcase every Sunday. I'm always tempted to get a new iPod - especially the ones that play video - but I have an iPod that works great. Honestly - I can't stand half the songs on my current iPod - and I bought them all, so what does that say about me and my taste in music. Awful, fucking awful. All the "24" seasons are here on DVD, so that's out. I was tempted to get a new suit since my old one (eight years old) is falling to pieces now - but then I have two other suits, and when the hell do I wear a suit.

What i'd really like is either a "Fudgie the Whale" or "Cookie Puss" cake. The nearest Carvel is in Hamilton - but i'm not sure where, and while i've been to known to go on crazy expeditions for food - I can't justify it for a cake. Tacos - sure. Cake - not so much, and as i've stated above - I love cake.

I'm really excited about tomorrow (and the cake) - so i'm out of here. Keep it real.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday... yesterday. Shit, sorry.

And you know - Cake, it's not just for birthdays anymore.

Happy Birthday A-lex luther!