Thursday, March 30, 2006

You seem very interested

I've often heard (and said) "..wow, this has been a long day." That's bullshit - everyday is the same length, more or less. I think there's a couple seconds difference, but then let's not split hairs about this, ok? Today was just a day. I got to work around 7:30am and left at 8:00pm. Thanks to chance and circumstance I was able to make the Canadian fast food perfecta of Harveys and Swiss Chalet - and may I say, the Chalet has some mighty fine chicken. Speaking of chicken - did you know that the KFC's in Canada don't have biscuits. I'm not sure if this is a Canadian thing or if it's just the KFC's south of the Mason-Dixon line that server tasty biscuits. If anyone knows the answer, please let me know.

My partner in crime Rufus is going to Maui and Kauai for a three week install. Three weeks in Hawai'i. That son of a bitch. Hopefully he can bring me back a Maui Built t-shirt from Tropix and some chocolate covered macadamian nuts. Nancy is going to Hawai'i too next week - but a totally different island - I'm also angry at her. I really shouldn't be angry because I've been twice now - and I got to the Korean bar and Maui Tacos. Damn - I love tacos.

Moli Moli is going in for corrective eye surgery tomorrow - head over to his blog and send him well wishes!

Saturday is the Elmira Maple Syrup Festival in beautiful downtown Elmira, Ontario. I've been once before - in 2004. It is the world's largest single day maple syrup festival - if you're in the area, then I highly recommend that you head there early. They have pancakes and beaver tails and fudge. Then after all that you can head to this one bar I can't remember the name of. They have picnic tables inside, so it's kind of festhallen like. Speaking of festhallen like - it's only nines month until Oktoberfest!!! You could say that i'm getting excited a little early, but hey - once you've been, it becomes an obesession.

I was going to write about the mouse that got caught in the trap in the basement , but instead - let's just have a moment of silence.

No comments: