Friday, April 14, 2006

suburb of the damned

Happy Easter. I've only eaten a little chocolate this morning and all ready I'm feeling the effects of chocoverdose. The question of "what does a giant rabbit delivering chocolate eggs" have to do with the resurrection of the Jesus has been asked a thousand times over - by people far more knowledgeable than me - so i'll just skip it and move on to another question.

Why the hell is CityTV showing the 1995 version of "Village of the Damned" on Easter Sunday? I'm not a religious person - but even I find this a little odd - entertaining - but odd. I know that "The Ten Commandments" and "Spartacus" were on last night - but the networks must have some other over played Easter-themed programming available. What constitutes a village? Is it a certain population? Does it mean having a small church and school and general store and white haired, red-eyed alien children who can control your mind? Is there a national census count on the number of these children so I know where not to live?

I found some stills from John Carpenter's "They Live" on some website - can't remember the name right now. In the film, aliens have taken over society and have subliminal messages in all advertising - these messages are meant to make humans submissive and super consumers. Isn't that what all advertising does? Even for me - i've given up fast food - and Taco Bell commericals still make me want to drive over there and get some tacos. Hmmmm....tacos.

Ok - I need to get some socks - Easter dinner time. Éirí Amach na Cásca.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice Easer Rising article... you know, I went to school with a John Redmond, but I don't think it was the same guy.

Nicole said...

And props on the new description... man, you must've been bored.

Alex said...

Not bored - CREATIVE!

Nicole said...

WTF? Where you at?!?