Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's a swing and a miss


Last night was game 2 of the season for our softball team - the "Fighting Pints". We lost the game, but won a small victory in the game of life. That last sentence is why i'm not a sports writer.

I'm actually playing semi-not-poorly. In previous leagues, I was always catcher. That's something I never really understood, because catcher is an important position. I guess they're all important - but I was a late comer to softball, so it seemed like a really important position to put a novice at.

This time around, I wanted to try something new - so i'm playing third base. It's awesome - so much better than playing catcher. That doesn't sound good.

I got four outs last night - two at third where I caught the ball in the air, one at third where I was able to throw to second for the out, and one in the outfield. There was one bad incident....a grounder to third where I decided that the best thing to do would be throw the ball at the runner. I nailed him in the side. It really wasn't intentional, everything was just moving so fast and I swear I saw someone run to cover third. Thankfully, I only kind of lobbed it over to third, so he didn't get hit that bad.

Game 3 is Wednesday, and hopefully I can make it through without throwing the bat at someone.

2 comments:

Reverend Moloquin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Reverend Moloquin said...

It's softball, not dodgeball Alex. Hitting players with the ball is usually discouraged in softball. Although you could invent a new game. Aussie Rules Softball.