Thursday, June 15, 2006

My first time was very special

I was getting ready to avoid going to the gym yesterday when Russ called. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm going to go the gym" I lied.

"Skip the gym, come to a Blue Jays game".

Having never been to a Blue Jays game before, I said why the hell not. Russ, Kevin (Russ's fiance's brother), and Rick pulled up and I was promptly informed to grab a red shirt.

As I went upstaris to grab a red shirt, I started to wonder why we'd need red shirts for a Blue Jays game. It turns out Rick had gotten the tickets from Monica who works at Canadian Blood Services. Yesterday was National Blood Donor Day and Kevin and Rick (who work at Rogers Television) had been doing a shoot at a donation center. Monica was being interviewed for the piece, and last night the CBS were having a special night at the Rogers Center for the National Blood Donor Day - hence the free tickets.

The game was awesome - and the Skydome, er, I mean Rogers Center is pretty damn impressive.

Here is the link to photos.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm suprised you didn't try to get on camera earlier in the day - media whore.

Alex said...

Hey now - that is the second time in one day i've been called a media whore. Two times!