Tuesday, July 04, 2006

My 3rd Canada Day


Canada Day 2006 028
Originally uploaded by alexkinsella64.
Technically, this is only my second Canada Day. I was in Maui on Canada Day 2004. I only mention that I was in Maui - well, because it's Hawai'i and i'm obsessed with Hawai'i. That's not the point, the point is - Canada Day is not just one day - it's an entire weekend - or as they call it here in Canada, a long weekend. While my fellow Americans had to go to work on Monday - my fellow Canadians enjoyed it off relaxing at their cottages or doing yard work.....and Canada Day was July 1st - a Saturday. How is this possible you ask? Well, in Canada, they are so efficient that they always take a Monday off for national holidays - and if the holiday doesn't fall on a Monday, they just pick the closest calendar Monday and take it off.

It's fantastic. So here are some shots from the weekend - check 'em out.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Happy 5th of July, A-lex!!

Long weekends are fabulous!! Last night, before drifting off to sleep, I sighed and said to myself, "I do not want to go back to work."