Wednesday, September 06, 2006

What the What the Lady Like?

It is September. This is cliche, but damn - where did the summer go? It seems like it was just yesterday when we were getting back from Boston (where I didn't fall asleep driving the entire trip) and getting ready for the May 2-4. The May 2-4 is Queen Victoria day. There's a giant statue of her in Victoria Park (go figure), and it really gives me the creeps. That and the fact that you'd probably get mugged walking through that park at night.

That's neither here nor there.....we're in September. The wedding season is over, once a month three day weekends (thank you Canadian Federal Government) are over, hell - the leaves are already changing colour!

What could cheer us up? I know. How about a nice bowl of "Chocolatey Peanut Butter Cruch"? Yes children, you heard correctly. Those barn-raisers over at Quaker Oats have messed with the ultimate peanut butter cereal (Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch, for those of you who are uninitiated) by adding chocolate flavour to the mix. What's the verdict? It's very reminiscent of "Coco Puffs" - but much thicker and it doesn't turn your milk into witch piss chocolate milk. Sure, sure - there are cereal purists out there who say that Michael Jackson-esque chocolate milk is the best part. Well, they're entitled to their opinons - even if they're wrong. Someone very near to my heart once said to a girl during an argument, "...I have to respect your right to have opinons, I don't have to respect the opinions themselves - especially since they're stupid..."

This past weekend, we went to Ethel's on King where I noticed this sign advertising a "5 for $15" special on Coronitas. Coronitas are the little 8oz Coronas. Many people ask me why anyone would want a small beer like that. One word - golfers. The beers stay cold long enough for the golfer to consume them. You can get 8oz cans of Budweiser and Michelob too. A couple guys from one distributor in Wisconsin took me to a bar where they had a "7 for $7" special on Coronitas - which even a calculator user like myself can see is a much better deal. That's taxes for you. Anyway - what interested me about the sign was that it was not a Coronita sign, but a Corona sign with the letters "ita" written in blue been. Also, someone had changed the price to $14 dollars for 5 Coronitas - i'm not sure if that was some form of graffiti or an actual price markdown. Usually, the same four brands go on sale at the beer store. It rotates between Coors, Canadian, Bud/Bud Light, and Alexander Keith's (Happy 211th Birthday!)

This weekend, we're watching all of "LOST" season 2. Every episode, back to back, in order to get ready for the season 3 premiere in October. Some would call that obsessive, but I just love a good mystery - televised or in a book (preferably in a book) - and "LOST" fills the void until my next shipment from Amazon.ca gets here.

I know it is not a mystery book by any stretch, but my copy of "Chuck Klosterman IV : A Decade of Curious People and Dangerous Ideas" gets here next week. Every book so far has been a day read at best - I can't put them down. Come on UPS, get your ass in gear.

No comments: