Monday, October 02, 2006

I have no illusions about me being Wayne Gretzky

Here is a short list of things I learned about myself when it comes my knowledge of hockey fundamentals. It also more than likely describes my ability to the aforementioned fundamentals.
  1. While skating forward is easy enough, skating backwards is not.
  2. I'm no so good at doing cross-overs while walking sideways.
  3. The secret behind the two feet stop eludes me.
  4. The secret behind the one foot stop eludes me.
  5. I can stop fine if I just skate into one of the boards.
  6. Dropping your gloves and pulling another players jersey over their head at a hockey fundamentals class is not acceptable behaviour.
All in all, it was awesome to finally get out on the ice. There are two weeks before the next class, and I know what I have to work on (see list above)....so I have my work cut out for me. Good news - we're getting jerseys, and jerseys count as swag - and I live for swag. Until next time sports fans.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I have no illusions about you fricken posting on a regular basis anymore, either!