Monday, November 27, 2006

Isn't that the game old ladies play?


Jetsetters Lounge
Originally uploaded by alexkinsella64.
We just got back from Jetsetters Lounge in Lake Worth where I stuffed myself with 24 oz mai tais and Jamaican jerk pork. Mai tais? Hell yell mai tais - they remind me of Hawai'i and luaus and for $7 a drink with a take home tiki mug....well, you can't go wrong.

My parents have been hitting up this joint since for a couple months now, and after their glowing reviews, I had to make it a pit stop on my stomach filling tour of my old stomping grounds. Lake Worth is definitely the Snow White to the wicked sister that is West Palm - if you're planning on ever being in the area, check out all downtown Lake Worth has to offer - it is a much better scene than West Palm. Sure, i'm selling out my former home town, but what they charge an arm and a leg for parking - so tough.

Anyway, back to Jetsetters. The theme is tiki meets James Bond meets 60s/70s post modernism....and with that, i've done this place no justice at all. Entree and app options are from all over the globe. Portions are huge and the service is rocking. It was, honestly, one of the best dining out experiences i've had in a long, long, long, long time. As mentioned before, I had the Jamaican jerk pork. My mom had the same, my dad had the Pollo Barcelona and Laurie had the Bayou Bowl gumbo. For apps, we tried the Cuban Cigars - basically they are Cuban spiced pork egg rolls. I'd recommend any of these items. They were out of the African Peanut Soup - which sucks because this is only the second restaurant i've seen this item at - and it's one of my all time favourite soups.

This is my first review - so work with me here on this...

Jetsetters Lounge
8 3/4 on a scale of 10 (1 being a bowl of shit, 10 being that scene from "Defending Your Life" where you can eat everything you want and not gain any weight and everything tastes great.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Never judge a book by its cover, I guess. One look at the Jetsetters facade lead me to think the place was adorned with a ball gym and costumey waitresses. But, it sounds like it was swanky.

African Peanut Soup, eh? Sounds interesting!

(PS: I hate pork. So in the future, if you could curb your own selfish desires and review a non-pork dish, that would be great.)

Katie said...

That's good to know. Chris will be thrilled. Are you going to WPB for Christmas?

Alex said...

No - I can only manage one trip down there a year. There's a guest room here in Waterloo if you and Chris ever want to visit the semi-frozen tundra that is south western Ontario.

I'm just kidding, it's not frozen at all. It's like 50 out there today.