Monday, November 06, 2006

It's the best ever

Here's a tip. Skip the risotto. I'm not saying that has anything to do with the fact that the tip of my knuckle is missing and the cheese grater is in the sink. There two have nothing to do with each other.....just look over there for a minute.

Ok. All better. So, how was your weekend? Me? How nice of you for asking. Friday night, we held a charity poker tournament to raise money for a friend of our's sister who has to travel for medical treatment. It's a horrible story - the kind of situation that makes you feel like shit for being angry at your mom for when there wasn't any milk that one Tuesday, sixteen years ago, when you wanted a bowl of cookie crisp, really, really, really bad.

We raised over $1400.00 - which is not bad for one night of poker. If you're saying prayers at any point during the day, drop a line for Catherina. Nicole, saying a prayer during confession for what you did this weekend counts, just thought you'd like to know.

Last night was hockey school - where I was finally able to skate backwards. After last Sunday's tap dancing fiasco - where I have to say, I really did look like Savion Glover on speed, I made a pledge to myself to watch all the hockey I could and see how they moved their feet to achieve this "backwards" momentum thing. Turns out, you gotta stay on your toes. So last night, Matt the coach runs us through this exercise of going forward to the blue line, then turning around and go backwards, and then at the next blue line, go forwards again - and I was able to do it. Three people came up to me and said how much better i've gotten since the first night. This is good and bad. Good because i'm improving, and that was the whole plan. It's bad because they noticed how bad I was when I started.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Prayers for Catherina - I'm on it.

(and your claim to not talk about cereal was short lived.)