Sunday, November 26, 2006

Shorten your punches


Blue Moon
Originally uploaded by alexkinsella64.
This Thanksgiving, i'm down in West Palm Beach with Laurie and my parents. I've eaten too much left over turkey and chicken curry today and now I feel like I should go for a run or something, but that won't happen. It's a holiday weekend - a little indulgence doesn't hurt. Anyway - speaking of indulgence - I put down a 12 pack of Blue Moon last night. I only bring this up, because I noticed something on the bottle that angered me. As some are aware, Blue Moon is one of my favourite beers. Sadly, the LCBO and The Beer Store don't carry it - and that means the only way for me to get some is to drive to Buffalo and spend 48 hours there so that I can meet Customs Canada requirements for bringing alcohol into Canada. I don't have a problem with this - it just would be easier if I could get some down the street. Where is all this going? Well - look at the bottle, it is brewed in Toronto! Yes. The same Toronto that is a 45 minute drive east from my house. This makes me mad at Molson Coors - for I am in West Palm and can easily get a 12 pack of beer that is brewed 45 minutes from my house in Waterloo - but I can't get that same exact 12 pack of beer in the brand new LCBO that is a 10 minute WALK from my house in Waterloo. What is going on here Molson Coors. They will be getting a letter from me next week - and while I feel the need to lash out, I will manage to contain my anger and write professionally. Maybe my pleas will fall on deaf ears. Maybe I will touch them deeply with my witty prose (what witty prose? hopefully nothing like this crap). I'll keep everyone updated on my progress with this.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

You're right - what a kick in the balls!!