Thursday, December 21, 2006

It is not snowing



Seriously. There is not one flake out there. It's like nature is using "Head & Shoulders" out there. I took the trash and recycling (Yeah Earth!) out in flip flops and a t-shirt. Could this be global warming? Well, if you live in Denver, probably not. It's just an unseasonably warm winter here in Waterloo and it looks to be a "green" Christmas. I guess it would be a "green" Christmas if you recycled gifts from last year. That's probably not what Al Gore had in mind.

Speaking of Al Gore, we rented "An Inconvient Truth" the other night. I'm not sure if it was the bottle of wine of Al Gore's monotone voice, but I fell asleep within fifteen minutes. All I could hear was "Lock Box, Lock Box, Lock Box..." and then I just dozed off. I woke up during the credits, and I felt guilty. Why? Because it's a documentary about how the Earth's fragile environment is more than likely going to be way worse than it is now in forty years and I went to sleep.

Does that make me a bad environmentalist? I don't think so. Here's why:

1) I recycle
2) We sometimes carpool
3) I don't use hair spray
4) I don't work for Big Oil
5) I've never clubbed a baby seal

That last one is more of an animal rights thing, but I just want it to be clear - I have never clubbed a baby seal, nor any other animal. The closest thing to animal cruelty in my past helping this guy in university feed mice to a snake. I still feel bad about that.

Anyway - Merry Christmas. I have no idea what this has to do with Christmas, but it's the thought that counts.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I hate mice.