Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fifty One

The biggest event of spring in Canada has to be Tim Horton's Coffee's "Roll Up The Rim To Win" contest. After you finish your cup of coffee (and I stress "after" - I've learned that from experience) you can "roll up the rim" to see if you've won a prize. The top prizes are pretty damn good; Toyota Camrys, 42" plasma televisions, iPod nanos....The regular prizes are free coffees or donuts. Now I've won about four free coffees this year so far - which is the worst I've done in the four years I've lived in Canada. Four coffees? What the hell? I drink two to three of these damn things each day and I've only won four coffees?? If it wasn't for the fact that I'm hopelessly addicted to coffee, I would have quit playing a long time ago. Still - when the contest is over, I'm going to try and quit and see how long I can make it.

I wonder if anyone's made a pot of coffee yet this morning?

1 comment:

Zhu said...

I moved to Canada 5 years ago and I've played the roll the rim as lot. A lot. I probably thought it was like a citizenship exam, stupid me.

Never one anything.

Now I drink good Second Cup coffee... :D