Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Po ta toe


Picture 021
Originally uploaded by bmsox622
Since it is the 1st today, I’ve decided that now is a good time to track my expenses for a month and then come up with some kind of budget. Budget? Yes – seriously. I feel that I’m old enough now to start being responsible when it comes to discretionary spending. That is the word for today by the way – discretionary. Try to use it in a sentence today if you can. Anyway – I’m thinking about this budget as I drink my $2 coffee from Starbucks, and it occurs to me that I have to write down that I spent $2 on a coffee from Starbucks today in my budget. Seeing that expense marked down makes me reconsider my two to three time a week habit. Maybe I should just suck it up and drink the coffee from the machine upstairs. Hey – the coffee is free. Sure the milk is the kind that can sit unopened in a cupboard for four months, but hey – free is free, eh?

In non-budget related news – I was reading the awesome blog “The Consumerist” yesterday and they had this article about Burger King coming out with ketchup flavoured potato chips. Instantly, there were 15 or so comments from other readers pointing out that Canada has had ketchup flavoured chips for decades. Yet another shining example of how Americans know absolutely zilch about their neighbour to the north. Sure, it is just ketchup chips – but that is just the tip of the ice berg my friends. Ice bergs are ketchup flavoured here too.

1 comment:

bitz said...

I would like to point out that many canadians don't know that americans don't have ketchup chips. And if america asked canada to give it a chip to try, canada would.