Wednesday, September 26, 2007

So I guess I'm out of the book club

There is a trip to Buffalo in my future. On Monday, a FedEx envelope arrived from the consulate in Detroit. In this FedEx envelope was my passport with a shiny new immigrant visa. With this visa, I can drive across the border to the U.S., have lunch at Chilis (there are no Chilis in Canada) and then drive back into Canada and officially immigrate into Canada.

This part of the immigration process blows my mind a little bit. I'm already living in Canada. I have a job, a house, and three empty cases of beer in the back of my truck. Yet even with all this - I still need to leave the country and immigrate back in. Not that I'm complaining - I love the chance to go to Buffalo and go to the Walden Galleria and spend an hour convincing myself why I really wouldn't save any money by buying a new iPod in the U.S. vs. buying one in Canada. Though with the weak U.S. dollar, my agrument might not hold any weight now.

Anyway - it's almost October and I'm getting excited for Oktoberfest. Sure, sure - Canadian Thanksgiving is next week too - but what is more important? Seriosuly. You need to get your priorities straight.

3 comments:

bitz said...

um, you'd save about 10%. The canadian price for an ipod touch is $329, and the us price is $299.
(as per apple's online store)

Katie Alender said...

Maybe they want you to immigrate in the old style. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to dress up all 1800s and carry your belongings over your shoulder like a hobo. Trust me. For real. Just do it, and take pictures.

Nicole said...

I know... I should resurrect the old Worth the Time girl. Maybe this week, just for my Canada pal.